About Natural Health Products
What are Natural Health Products?
Natural health products include the following:
- Vitamins and minerals
- Herbal products
- Homeopathic medicines
- Traditional medicines (e.g., traditional Chinese medicines)
- Other products like amino acids and essential fatty acids
- Everyday consumer products including shampoos, toothpastes, antiperspirants, etc.
They are sold as over-the-counter products and do not require a prescription.
Natural Health Products play important roles in the everyday lives of Canadians.
A 2010 Ipsos-Reid Survey shows that 73% of Canadians regularly take natural health products (NHPs) like vitamins and minerals, herbal products, and homeopathic medicines.
How are Natural Health Products regulated?
Natural Health Products are regulated by Health Canada, Natural Health Products Directorate. Products licenced by Health Canada feature an eight-digit Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) on their labels.
The Natural Health Products Regulations, which came into effect in 2004, state that all natural health products must have a valid product licence to be legally sold in Canada. To obtain a valid natural health product licence, natural health products must demonstrate safety, efficacy, and quality (good manufacturing practices).
In addition, Canadian sites that manufacture or import these products must have valid site licences.
About Natura Consulting Solutions
Natura Consulting Solutions provides its clients with a variety of options to reach all of their product development and licencing goals in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Natura Consulting Solutions List of Services
Product Licence Applications
- Development of Product Licence Applications (compendial, traditional, non-traditional, homeopathic formulations)
- Advice for meeting safety, efficacy and quality requirements
- Site licence applications
- Liason with government officials at every step of the licencing process
- Consulting re: formulations and new product development
- Design of clinical trials
- Search/review of scientific literature for health claim substantiation
- Risk assessment: determination of contraindications/warnings; pharmacological and toxicological evaluation
- Design of clinical trial protocols
- Analyzing and writing clinical trial manuscripts and/or proprietary studies
- Liason with scientists at universities qualified at conducting clinical trials
- Natura Consulting Solutions offers a variety of scientific writing services (e.g., scientific summaries for patent applications; clinical trials; proprietary evidence summaries; designing effective presentations, etc.)
- In addition, Natura Consulting Solutions offers advice on effective scientific knowledge translation to government, industry, and the public
Proven track record, scientific expertise, and innovative ideas for novel products—Natura Consulting Solutions has it all.
Why choose Natura Consulting Solutions?
- Helping people realize their ideas and inventions
- Paving the way for successful product development
- Easing your path for selling your products in the Canadian marketplace
- Taking care of all of your natural health product regulatory requirements so that you can focus on running your business
- I handle all licencing requirements with Health Canada until my clients are fully satisfied
Contact Natura Consulting Solutions